The GMDSS SIMULATOR TGS-4100 provides 8 working stations.
GMDSS SIMULATOR TGS-4100 is used for training and certification of both, the beginners and experienced sea navigators and radio officers. It is used for development of new competences and refreshment and improvement of existing competences. Such skills include:
- Transmitting and receiving of information using GMDSS subsystems and equipment and fulfilling the functional requirements of GMDSS;
- Providing of radio services in emergency.
The following equipment is included:
- GMDSS radio console:
- VHF&DSC1 – Main VHF radio station with DSC;
- VHF&DSC2 – Additional VHF radio station with DSC;
- MF/HF&DSC – MF/HF radio station with DSC modem and scanning receiver;
- Radio telex – MF/HF Radio telex terminal;
- Inmarsat-B – Inmarsat-B ship earth station;
- NAVTEX- NAVTEX receiver;
- EPIRB COSPAS – COSPAS SARSAT EPIRB;
- SART – Search & rescue Transponder;
- VHF Portable - Portable GMDSS VHF radio;
- Aero VHF – Airborne VHF radio station;
- GPS – GPS receiver;
- Radar – Ship borne radar;
- Alarm Panel – GMDSS Distress Alarm Panel;
- Power Switchboards – Feeder switchboards for main and reserve power source;
- Battery Charger – Charging unit control panel.
Simulators are used for following courses:
- GMDSS General Operator;
- GMDSS General Operator - Refresher course;
- Long Range Radio Operator ECC Recommendations 10(03);
- Short Range Radio Operator Reg. IV/1 (CEPT/ERC 31-04 E);
- GMDSS Restricted Operator.