OPERATIONAL USE OF AUTOMATIC IDENDIFICATION SYSTEM (AIS)
The course is approved by Latvian Maritime Administration.
Training program for ship's Masters and navigational officers meeting STCW II/1 or II/2.
The Operational Use of Automatic Identification System (AIS) course covers the following topics:
AIS system concepts
A basic description of AIS at a systems level:
- AIS objectives of the Organization;
- System concepts, Comparison of AIS with radar.
Detailed description of AIS data at a user level including safety/security related messages, AIS Aids to Navigation and AIS Binary Messages.
AIS ship installations
AIS configuration description, including:
- Carriage requirements, MKD based configuration, Radar/ECDIS configuration;
- Overview of operational problems caused by installation issues.
Use of AIS at sea
The safe use of AIS at sea:
- Bridge procedures, Data input and checking, UN/LOCODES, Use of safety and security related messages;
- Use of AIS Binary Messages, Use of AIS in areas with security or piracy implications;
- Use of AIS in oil terminals, AIS alarms, Cautions of use of AIS;
- Use of AIS to increase situational awareness in for both MKD only and radar/ECDIS installations;
- Implications of COLREGS, Use of AIS AtoN data, Manual setting of regional operating settings.
Practical exercise and acquaintance with the AIS equipment
Description of information needed to become quickly familiarized with a ship’s particular AIS configuration.
DURATION - 1 DAY
PRICE - 122 EUR
VALIDITY - UNLIMITED
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org PHONE: +371 67399999