BRIDGE RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (INCLUDING LEADERSHIP AND MANAGERIAL SKILL)
The program meets the latest requirements of STCW Convention and IMO Model Course 7.01 “Master and Chief mate” Competence 3.5 “Use of leadership and managerial skills” and Model Course 7.03 “Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch” Competences 1.2 “Maintain a safe navigational watch” (part: Bridge Resource Management) and 3.7 “Application of leadership and teamworking skills”, as well as Model course “Leadership and Teamwork”.
The course is approved by Latvian Maritime Administration.
The Bridge Resource Management training course covers the following topics:
- Practical planning and carrying out a voyage;
- Bridge team duties, responsibilities, teamwork;
- Challenge and response;
- Use of authority and assertiveness;
- The Bridge Team and Pilot;
- Leadership and Managerial skills;
- Involvement of human in error chain;
- Working knowledge of shipboard personnel management and training;
- Need for international maritime conventions, recommendations and national legislation;
- Ability to apply task and workload management;
- Knowledge and ability to apply effective resource management;
- Knowledge and ability to apply decision-making techniques;
- Self-awareness, personal and professional development.
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org PHONE: +371 67399999