PROFICIENCY IN FAST RESCUE BOATS
The course is complies all requirements of the STCW Convention Chapter VI, Sections A-VI/2 and Table A-VI/2-2 of the SCTW Code, as well as covers all subject areas recommended by IMO Model course 1.24 “Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats”.
The course is certified by Latvian Maritime Administration.
The Training course covers the following topics:
- Introduction and safety;
- Construction and outfit of fast rescue boats (FRB) and individual items of their equipment;
- Particular characteristics and facilities of FRB;
- Navigational and safety equipment available in a FRB;
- Safety precautions during launch and recovery of a FRB;
- How to handle a FRB in prevailing and adverse weather and sea conditions;
- Procedures for righting a capsized FRB;
- Search patterns and environmental factors affecting their execution;
- Assessment of the readiness of FRB and related equipment for immediate use;
- Maintenance, emergency repairs, normal inflation and deflation of buoyancy compartments of inflated FRB;
- Method of starting and operating a FRB engine and its accessories.
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org PHONE: +371 67399999