MANAGEMENT LEVEL PROGRAM (CAPTAIN AND CHIEF OFFICER WITHOUT LIMITATION)
This Upgrade Competence program is intended for ships’ Navigation officers, who do not have enough education to become Chief Office or Master and going to upgrade their national license on management level.
Objectives of the Educational program
This program allows participants to improve their knowledge, understanding and proficiency in accordance with required professional competences stated in Section A-II/2 of STCW Convention.
Chief Officer and Master in accordance with Section A-II/2 of STCW Convention.
The program is certified by Latvian Maritime Administration and Ministry of Education of Latvia.
Duration of the training course
Duration of educational program – 6 month. The program should be completed during the period not more than 3 years.
Contents of educational program
The Navigation Upgrade Competence program covers the following 14 modules:
- Navigation (distant module)* – 72 hours/9 days.
- Technical means of navigation (distant module)* – 48 hours/6 days.
- Meteorology, forecast weather and oceanographic conditions (distant module)* – 28 hours/4 days.
- Organization of the Navigational watch and watch keeping – 96 hours/12 days.
- Radar/ARPA management level – 40 hours/4 days.
- ECDIS course – 40 hours/4 days.
- Emergency procedure and response – 42 hours/6 days.
- Theory of the ships and naval architecture– 112 hours/14 days.
- Ships propulsion plant and engineering systems and services – 58 hours/8 days.
- Cargo Handling and Stowage – 112 hours/14 days
- Maritime Law – 52 hours/7 days
- Protection of the marine environment – 28 hours/4 days
- Bridge Resource Management (incl. leadership and managerial skills) – 40 hours/5 days
- Ships management – 40 hours/5 days
*Distant Modules - supported with developed theoretical information and practical exercises, which should be performed on board the ship.
- National Passport.
- Seamen book (with not less than 18 month in navigation officer position).
- Certificate of competence with endorsement.
- Educational diploma.